Unique Immigrants LinkedIn Profile – Immigrant Job Tools Part 2
Welcome back to our 3-part video series about the 3 Vital tools for immigrant job seekers. This is part 2 – the unique immigrant’s LinkedIn profile.
In the last video, we talked about how you need 3 crucial parts of a package to effectively apply for jobs as an immigrant job seeker, ESPECIALLY if you are offshore and how using only one of those parts will not work.
Did you miss the first video in this 3-part series? You can watch it here.
We discussed the strategic immigrant’s CV and how to create a strategic CV specifically designed for an immigrant job seeker to get to the front of the job queue and what that strategic CV needs to contain and what it looks like.
In today’s video, we will look at a unique immigrant’s LinkedIn profile.
What is a unique immigrant’s LinkedIn profile?
An immigrants LinkedIn profile is vastly different from a normal or just general LinkedIn profile and if you already have a LinkedIn profile, you may need to make some adjustments to it to serve you as an immigrant and if you do not have a LinkedIn profile and do not know how to get one.
I teach people in detail on how to set it up and more importantly, how to use it as a 24/7 job finding machine for you as an immigrant, even while offshore, in my comprehensive Q-Jumper Factor programme.
4 Basics of aa unique immigrant’s LinkedIn profile
• Basic CV details
• Search engine optimization
• Settings for NEW country
• Build networks & relationships
1. First, it needs to reflect your CV, that it is why it is so crucial to start with a strategic CV as I have explained in Part 1 of this 3-part video series. The data and details in your CV needs to be transferred to your LinkedIn profile. It needs to be completely consistent on the basics such as your skills, experience and qualifications.
Because 87% of recruiters advertise on LinkedIn only and if they get your CV they will also look at your LinkedIn profile. Therefore, your CV should have your LinkedIn profile’s address on it.
2. Secondly, your unique immigrant’s LinkedIn profile is a web page, and if you set it up incorrectly and let it sit unattended and dead on the internet it is like having the world’s best ice cream for sale in a dark alley of a shopping mall – nobody is going to see it. You need to have it optimised for the search engines with the detail and keywords of transferable skills that is already in your CV so that when recruiters and employers search for someone like you on LinkedIn, your page will come up tops. That is how you are going to be found and that is how you are going to get those shoulder taps.
What you do then, is you expand on the basic details that is in your CV, on your LinkedIn profile, so when a recruiter or employer sees your CV, they will look for supporting or more information on your LinkedIn profile, that is a very important thing to remember. They will almost always go to look for your LinkedIn profile.
3. Thirdly, your LinkedIn profile needs to be set up with settings to bring you jobs, connections and opportunities from your NEW country, and in here it differs very much from a normal LinkedIn profile. If you don’t get these settings right, you are never going to have this LinkedIn profile working for you as it should, finding jobs for you while you sleep. So, go in there and set your settings to find, jobs, connections and opportunities in your NEW country.
4. In the fourth place, and most importantly, you are going to use your LinkedIn profile as the tool to build your networks and relationships with connections and people in your new country, WITHOUT WHICH YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIND A JOB AS AN IMMIGRANT. This is not just important; it is extremely important. Networking and relationships are going to form part of our 3rd video, but you need to have a proper immigrant’s LinkedIn profile ready to start building and working those networks and relationships first.
How can you get a unique immigrant’s LinkedIn profile?
If you want to build your own unique immigrant’s LinkedIn profile, we can teach you how to do this, step by step : http://zarelsie.com/program/diy-immigrants-linkedin-profile/.
Or, alternatively, we can create a unique immigrant’s LinkedIn profile for you: http://zarelsie.com/services/unique-immigrants-linkedin-profile/.
If you have all those parts of a LinkedIn profile set up correctly, you also need to use it to connect with those connections, and you need to keep it active for the search engines to find you when someone searches on the internet for someone like you.
So, add your basic CV details to your LinkedIn profile, make sure you use your transferable skills as keywords on the profile, change your settings to bring you jobs and connections in your new country and start using your profile to connect and engage and build relationships with people in your new country.
In the next video, we are going to look at how to build and work those connections to maximise your engagement, visibility and trust so that the jobs come to you through shoulder taps and that you get exposed to the hidden job market.
There is not nearly enough time and space in this video to show you the detail of how to set up that LinkedIn profile, but it is the ONE TOOL that stands between immigrants finding jobs and not finding jobs. It is tricky though, but I take you through it step by step in the Q-Jumper Factor programme which is very comprehensive teaching you both how to create your own immigrants strategic CV, a unique immigrant;s LinkedIn profile and how to build the networks and relationships as well as how to apply specialised immigrants job finding strategies.
If you are not interested in the full program, and just want some more free training like this, then get onto our mailing list here. As a thank you for joining gift, we will send you a free series of 7 videos about immigrant job finding.
I’ll see you in Part 3 of this series.
Recent Video Blog Posts
Why You Never Heard Back From Overseas Job Applications 19 Oct,2021
Work In Canada: Where Do I Start? 5 Sep,2021
3 Ways To Impress Overseas Employers – Easily From a Distance 2 Aug,2021
How To Create an Effective Strategic Immigrant’s CV As An Immigrant Job Seeker 7 Jun,2021
How To Increase Your LinkedIn Profile Views By 500% (+EXAMPLES) 24 Feb,2021